Vegan tabasco sauce is a perfect treat for spicy food lovers. Of course, due to the fact that tabasco is infused in white oak barrels for three years the present recipe doesn’t completely resemble the original. Original tabasco is infused in vinegar with the addition of cayenne pepper (we’ll use Chili pepper for this purpose). As we certainly won’t infuse our vegan tabasco sauce for three years in a barrel I’d like to share with you a quick 20-minute recipe.
– 2 hot peppers (I had Chili peppers);
– 2 tomatoes;
– 2 cloves of garlic;
– 3 green onion stalks;
– 4 parsley stalks;
– 1 Tbsp vegetable oil;
– 1 Tsp apple cider vinegar;
– 1/2 Tsp salt;
Cooking vegan tabasco sauce is easy and simple.
- First of all, blanch the tomatoes. Wash them, put in a bowl and add fresh boiling water. Approximately after 2-3 minutes when you notice that a tomato skin cracks take the tomatoes out and peel them. Also don’t forget to remove the sterns before blanching.
- Cut them and put in a bowl. Add all the other ingredients. You can cut Chili pepper as you like. Chop the greens and garlic finely. If you want to you can use garlic press. Add vegetable oil, vinegar and salt.
- Mix everything with a blender well. Put it in a stewpan and begin to cook the sauce. Let the liquid evaporated a bit. Cook the sauce for approximately 10 minutes on high heat constantly stirring. Turn the heat off and let it sit.
Now we have an excellent hot sauce that you can add wherever you like. You can add it to borsch in order to make it hotter, you can cook hot pasta or simply have a seitan steak with tabasco sauce. It all depends on your imagination.
Bon appetit = ^ _ ^ =