Vegan Seitan Cutlets is a super dish for lovers of gluten food. If you are tired of cooking vegan steaks, seitan minced meat etc. it is an excellent alternative. Cutlets turn out very substantial, but you have to spend a lot of time to cook them. If you have enough free time, I recommend you to prepare this tasty food.
– 1 1/2 cup of gluten;
– 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast;
– 1 cup of cold water;
– 1 tsp. granulated garlic;
– 1 tsp. oregano;
– 1 tsp. black pepper;
– 1/2 tsp. salt.
– 1/2 cup bread crumbs;
– 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast.
- Prepare seitan in a classic way. Mix all the dry ingredients together, pour with water and mix thoroughly.
- Roll seitan in a “sausage” and cut it into medallions. Pour water into a saucepan, put it on the fire, put the seitan medallions in a saucepan and boil it for about an hour. Boil it in vegetable broth or water, you can add soy sauce as well.
- After one hour turn off the fire, put seitan on a plate and let it cool down. It will take about 20 minutes. When the seitan cutlets cool down you have to press the water out of them.
- Mix the breadcrumbs and nutritional yeast in a separate bowl.
- Begin to fry the seitan cutlets. Pour oil into a pan, smother seitan cutlets in breadcrumbs and fry them into a pan. Fry on the both sides until golden brown.
Serve the Vegan Seitan Cutlets with any side dishes. Bon appetit = ^ _ ^ =