Homemade Chinese Tofu is a recipe for those who like Asian food. It is simple and fast. There are many other similar recipes, for example, mapo tofu, tofu in sweet and sour sauce, etc. I decided to present you the simplest and most affordable recipe. Further we will go deeper and begin to cook tofu in a complicate Asian style.
– 400 – 450 gr. Solid tofu;
– 2-3 cloves garlic;
– pepper (to your taste).
– 1 glass of water;
– 3-4 Tbsp. soy sauce.
– 1 Tbsp. starch (any);
– 3 Tbsp. water.
- Cut tofu into cubes. You can cut it into small or large cubes, it’s your choice. We send tofu into the pan, fry it for 10 minutes. Pepper tofu.
- At this time, mix the water with soy sauce. In a glass of water, add 3-4 tablespoons of soy sauce. You can add more than 3-4, cause the taste may not be too saturated, it depends on the consistency and quality of the soy sauce.
- Add to tofu soy water and garlic. Garlic, as usual, you need to crush. Then prepare tofu. It will take about 15 minutes. Tofu must absorb soy water.
- Now let’s prepare of starch water. Mix 1 tablespoon of starch with 3 tablespoons of water. Stir thoroughly and get starchy water. Add it to tofu with sauce and mix. You will immediately notice how the sauce curdles.
- Сook 10 minutes more, constantly mixing tofu with sauce.
It turns out like to be a dish like this.
Serve tofu with rice, any Asian noodles or vegetables. Bon appetit = ^ _ ^ =