Many people know what hummus is, but I’d like to tell you about this delicious snack again. Hummus is an appetizer that is made from chick peas. Humus is very popular in the Middle East. Served as a snack or sauce with pita and so on. Humus can be cooked with different additives. You can add paprika, tomatoes, basil and whatever you want.
– 1 cup chickpeas;
– 1/3 cup of tahini;
– 2 Tbsp. olive oil (you can use sunflower oil);
– 2 Tbsp. lemon juice;
– 1 clove of garlic.
– 2 Tbsp. sesame;
– 1/2 tsp. vegetable oil;
– 1/4 tsp. salts;
– 1/4 cup warm water.
Start cooking hummus.
- First of all you need to soak the chickpeas for the night (10-12 hours). In the morning pour off water, wash the chickpeas and set it to boil. There is no specific time for boiling, you can boil chickpeas till they become overcooked.
- As soon as the chickpeas are cooked, it is necessary to pour off the water into a separate cup (if it remains after cooking). Let the chickpeas cool down, and let’s prepare tahini preparation.
- Cooking tahani is not so difficult. There are different methods for preparing tahini, and I will tell you the way I cooked. I mixed and blended all the ingredients. It turned out a good tahini paste. If tahini paste is less than indicated in the recipe, cook it more again.
- And now go to the very preparation of hummus. All the ingredients are mixed and whipped with a blender. If the mixture is dry, then add water that you poured off from the cooking.
- Serve hummus with cracker bread or pita and sprinkle with spices.
Bon appetit = ^ _ ^ =