Do you miss cheese? If you do, you can literally cook it at home! Cooking homemade vegan cheese is very simple.
To make one you will need:
– 1/2 cup cashews;
– 1/4 cup nutritional yeast;
– 1 tsp dried minced onion;
– 1 tsp sea salt;
– 1/2 tsp dried minced garlic;
– 1 + 3/4 cup soy milk;
– 8 tsp agar (or 1/2 cup of flakes agar);
– 1/4 cup of vegetable oil;
– 2 Tbsp yellow or white miso;
– 1 tsp lemon juice;
– herbs, bell pepper (to your taste).
We proceed to step by step cooking. To start you need to grind cashews (but don’t forget that we shouldn’t bring them up into a state of paste). Add the nutritional yeast, salt, garlic and onion. Mix them all together. It turns out into such a mixture.
Mix milk, agar-agar and oil.
Take any mold, grease it with oil and pour our cheese mixture there.
Let the cheese cool down, then cover it with clingfilm and put the cheese in the refrigerator. It takes approximately for hours for this mixture to freeze. I kept the vegan homemade cheese whole night in the refrigerator.
Bon Appetit =^ _ ^ =