November has come, so it’s time to think about what we’re about to cook for the New Year’s Eve table! Time flows like a river and before you know it you will have to decide what will be on your holiday table. Here is my first New Year/Christmas recipe – Baked Tofu and Mushrooms with Mayonnaise Sauce.
Baked Tofu and Mushrooms with Mayonnaise Sauce is a very easy and quick recipe.
– 300 gr. tofu;
– 250 gr. mushrooms;
For the sauce:
– 150 – 200 gr. vegan mayonnaise;
– 1/4 tsp. turmeric, black pepper, paprika, chili pepper (you can even add other spices to your taste);
– 1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast (optional).
Now we proceed to the process of cooking.
- Wash mushrooms and cut them into quarters. Take tofu and cut it into cubes.
- Put the mushrooms and tofu into a baking mold.
- Then we have to cook sauce. There’s nothing complicated about it. Mix thoroughly 150 – 200 gr. mayonnaise with all spices. If you think the sauce is too thick, you can add water a little (about 50 gr.), if it is good then we finish the preparation.
- Pour the mushrooms and tofu over with mayonnaise sauce, mix the ingredients altogether.
- Put the baking mold in the oven. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Bake Tofu and Mushrooms with Mayonnaise Sauce for about 20-30 minutes.
Serve the dish hot to your New Year’s Eve table. Bon appetit = ^ _ ^ =
P. S. As usual, I would like to add that almost all ingredients in a recipe can be replaced. Just indulge you imagination! You can replace tofu with any vegetables. Ideally it would be broccoli and mushrooms combination with mayonnaise sauce. Last year I posted another New Year’s Eve recipe – roasted vegan soy meat. You can try to cook soy meat in the oven the with mayonnaise sauce from this recipe. Cook and experiment!